Waiting for Love

Give me time and I'll give you a revolution. People said making clothes inside out was not proper. I disagreed, because clothes that are inside out are as beautiful as a cathedral. Dressing is a way of life. Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them. I love things that age well - things that don't date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best.

Comfort is very important to me. I think people live better in big houses and in big clothes. I wanted to dress the woman who lives and works, not the woman in a painting. I like to be real. I don't like things to be staged or fussy. Comfort is very important to me. I think people live better in big houses and in big clothes. Women are women, and hurray for that.

Fashion is a very stressful place to work because of the demands of doing the shows - no one expects a writer to produce two books a year on the dot - but it's also a very toxic place to work. You're only as good as your last collection, which is an enormous pressure. I would like the people that buy my clothes to understand that for me it's one small piece of art. Beauty is perfect in its imperfections, so you just have to go with the imperfections. There has to be a balance between your mental satisfaction and the financial needs of your company.

We must never confuse elegance with snobbery. I love my beauty. It's not my fault. I try as much as possible to give you a great basic product and what comes out, I feel, is really amazing. I have a fantastic relationship with money. I use it to buy my freedom. Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.